Credit Services Organizations (Credit Repair Services)
Pursuant to Section 422.501(2)(a) of the Wisconsin Statutes, a credit services organization is a person or merchant who, with respect to the extension of credit by others, sells, provides or performs, or represents that the person will sell, provide or perform, any of the following services in return for the payment of money or for other valuable consideration: 1. Improving a buyer’s credit record, credit history or credit rating. 2. Arranging for or obtaining an extension of credit for a buyer. 3. Providing advice or assistance to a buyer with regard to 1. or 2.
- Obtain a Credit Services Organization Registration Application
- Review the Credit Services Organization Statutes
- Review Title IV of the Federal Trade Commission's Consumer Credit Protection Act
- View a List of Registered Credit Services Organizations
- View a sample Information Statement
- View a sample Notice of Cancellation
- View a sample Credit Repair Services Contract
- View a sample Credit Services Agreement for a Loan Arranger
If you have additional questions regarding Credit Services Organizations, please contact us at 608-264-7969.