Bureau of Consumer Affairs - Business Guidance
The Wisconsin Consumer Act is the law that governs consumer credit transactions and the collection of consumer debt in Wisconsin.
Information for creditors and merchants may be obtained through the links below.
- Registration Under the Wisconsin Consumer Act
- Consumer Credit Forms Review
- Topics of Interest
- Interpretive Opinions Issued by DFI
- New Procedures for Motor Vehicle Lien Filings – Effective 2010
- Credit Services Organizations (Credit Repair Services)
Information for consumers may be obtained here.
- Cybersecurity 101 – a resource developed by the Conference of State Bank Supervisors intended to be an easily-digestible, non-technical reference guide to help executives develop a comprehensive, responsive cybersecurity program in line with best practices
- Ransomware Self-Assessment Tool – a resource developed by the Conference of State Bank Supervisors in conjunction with the Bankers Electronic Crimes Taskforce and the United States Secret Service which contains important controls that all types of companies should use to assess their efforts to mitigate risks associated with ransomware and to identify opportunities for increasing security
- Federal Trade Commission’s Cybersecurity for Small Business Resources – a set of cybersecurity resources developed in partnership with the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and the Department of Homeland Security