Uniform Commercial Code
The Uniform Commercial Code Section of the Division of Corporate & Consumer Services at the Department of Financial Institutions examines and files documents under the Uniform Commercial Code, including statements of business indebtedness, consignments, terminations, and financing statements and maintains the statewide Uniform Commercial Code lien system.
New Filing Rejection Policy
Beginning July 1, 2019, UCC documents that are received in a state that is unsuitable for filing shall be rejected by the Department. The Department will not hold filings that are awaiting corrections, revisions, additional fees or information from the filer.
Any fees received that are intended for filing a rejected document will be refunded to the filer as soon as allowable under Department policy.
Rejected filings will need to be corrected and submitted anew, along with all appropriate fees for that filing.
- Guide for Account Setup Information & Basic Navigation
- Guide for UCC Filings
- Guide for UCC-11 Searches
- Guide for UCC Quick Searches
- Guide for Data & Image Sales
UCC Filing Services
- File Online - Initial filings, amendments, continuations, terminations, etc.
- Search Lien Filings - For information about filings after July 1, 2001.
- County Filing Offices - For information about filings prior to July 1, 2001.
- Data Services - How to obtain data and/or images
- UCC Bulk Filing is available, if interested please contact us at DFI-UCC@dfi.wisconsin.gov
- If you have WI UCC questions, please call us at 608-266-8915 or send e-mail to DFI-UCC@dfi.wisconsin.gov.
- For questions relating to a Lien release on a Motor Vehicle Title, call DFI Division of Banking at 608-261-7578.
- For Realty-Related (Fixture) Filings, please refer to the Wisconsin Register of Deeds website.