Online Franchise FilingClick Here for Online Franchise Filings
To promote sustainability and efficiency, all franchise registrations and amendments must be filed online with the Division. To file an annual registration or a registration amendment for a franchise, you will need to provide the following information:
- Franchise Name: The full legal name of the franchisor.
- Trade Name: The "Doing Business As" name of the franchisor, if applicable.
- Franchisor's Principal Business Address: The franchisor's principal business address in the U.S. If a foreign franchisor does not have a U.S. business address, use its principal business address in its home jurisdiction.
- Application States: The states in which this application is or will be shortly on file.
- Contact Person: The name, address, telephone, facsimile number and email address of the contact person for this registration filing. All communication regarding this filing will be via the e-mail address of the contact person.
- Contact for Service of Process: The name and address to contact with any notice, process or pleading served under the uniform consent to service of process.
- Officer Authorization: The uniform consent to service of process must be authorized by a corporate officer.
You will also need to upload a franchise disclosure document created in compliance with the FTC Franchise Disclosure Rule (16 CFR Parts 436 and 437) and/or the 2008 NASAA Franchise Registration and Disclosure Guidelines. The franchise disclosure document must be in a .pdf (portable document format). All exhibits to the franchise disclosure document must be contained in one PDF document. More than one document cannot be uploaded.
The annual registration filing fee is $400. The fee for filing a material change amendment is $200, but such amendments are effective only through the remainder of the effective period for the registration they amend. Payment can be made by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) or electronic check.
Please note that per statute, Wisconsin does not provide for registration "renewals". Rather, a franchise must be re-registered each year if a company wishes to continue to sell franchises in the state. Filers will get a new franchise registration number each year, instead of having one registration number that carries over. As long as no sales are made between the expiration and new registration date, it is immaterial if there is a gap. It is acceptable to wait for required financial information before filing as long as no sales are made between registrations.
Registration and amendment filings are effective upon receipt, so your filing will become effective as soon as the online filing process is complete. The online filing process typically takes 10 to 15 minutes. There are no delayed effective dates.
If you have additional questions about franchise registration or amendment filings in Wisconsin, please visit our Franchise FAQ page, or call 608-266-0448.Click Here for Online Franchise Filings