The Office of Credit Unions regulates credit unions chartered to do business in Wisconsin. It charters new credit unions, examines credit union records and assets, consents to the consolidation of credit unions within the state and, in cooperation with similar agencies in neighboring states, approves interstate mergers. If a credit union is not in compliance with state law, the office may remove its officers, suspend operations, or take possession of the credit union's business.
- Find a Credit Union (NCUA search)
- Quarterly Financial Reports
- Credit Union Letters
- File a Wisconsin Credit Union Complaint
- Credit Union Activities Report (PDF: 48 KB / 1 page)
- Wisconsin Credit Union Review Board public meeting notices
- Chapter DFI-CU 75 Authorized Incidental Powers Activities
- 12 CFR Section 721.3 regarding Authorized Incidental Powers Activities
Articles of Interest
- NASCUS Wisconsin Directors College, June 3, 2014 (PDF: 113 KB / 2 pages)
- Notice of Interest Rate on Required Residential Mortgage Loan Escrow Accounts for 2015 (PDF: 54 KB / 1 page)
- Notice of Interest Rate on Required Residential Mortgage Loan Escrow Accounts for 2016 (PDF: 8 KB / 1 page)
- Historical Interest on Escrow Rates (PDF: 10 KB / 1 page)
DFI's Office of Credit Unions is responsible for regulatory oversight of 171 state-chartered credit unions. Here you will find important documents needed by these businesses to ensure compliance with state law. If you have any questions, please e-mail us or contact us by telephone at (608) 261-9543.