The Division of Banking regulates and supervises state-chartered banks, savings institutions, consumer financial service industries, professional employer organizations, charitable organizations, and professional fund-raisers under statutory Chapters 202, 214, 215 and 220 through 224. In addition to chartering and regularly examining state banks and savings institutions, the division licenses loan companies, mortgage bankers, mortgage brokers, loan originators, collection agencies, community currency exchanges, sales finance companies, adjustment service companies, sellers of checks, insurance premium finance companies, and payday lenders. It also regulates motor vehicle dealers and recreational vehicle dealers that originate retail installment sales contracts and consumer leases. The division investigates applications for expanded banking powers, new financial products, and interstate bank acquisitions and mergers. With Banking Review Board approval, the administrator may establish uniform rules for savings programs and fiduciary operations.
- Banking & Savings Institutions
- Licensed Financial Services
- Mortgage Banking
- Charitable Organizations, Fund-Raising Counsels, & Professional Fund-Raisers
- Professional Employer Organizations & Professional Employer Groups
- Corporate Account Takeovers - Best Practices For Banks (PDF: 756 KB / 19 pages)
To reach us by telephone, call (608) 261-7578.